Total Pageviews

Rearing of Broilers

The rearing of Broilers commenced after completion of construction of shed, Electric service connection, Contract Agreement with Venkateshwara Hatcheries Private Limited and Sanctioning of Loan from IDBI Bank, Rampur branch of Warangal District etc.. First batch of One day Chicks received on early hours of 26th August 2015.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

MY REARING OF BROILERS

After more than six months gap I am posting today. I have completed three batches and 4th batch of rearing of Broilers is going on.
As I said in my earlier postings I have a contract of rearing of Broiler Chicken with Venkateshwara Hatcheries Private Limited.

First batch I incurred loss, 2nd and 3rd batches I got profit.

Loss occurred due to inexperience, improper feed management and House management.

As per VHPL (Venkatesheara Hatcheries P ltd) norms the standard Production Cost is Rs. 65 per Kg and they will give Rs. 4 per KG as Rearing Charges if our production cost is as above. If production cost exceeds standard PC i.e., Rs. 65 per kg, farmer will be penalised by reducing 1 paisa for every 2 paisa cost. Ex If production cost is Rs. 66/-, the rearing charges Rs. 3.50 will be given. The penalty will be limited to maximum one rupee deduction from standard RC. Similarly, if production cost decreases the incentive will be given.

Rate incentives also given if market price is more than Rs.70/-

Everything went against me in FIRST BATCH. Received a small amount from VHPL, which is less than what I expended. For the 2nd and 3rd batches I have taken care and vigilant about the health of Chicks and received good amounts.

The farmer has to provide the following facilities.....
1. Shed
2. Water
3. Tanks for storage of water, Drinkers and feeders of different sizes.
4. Rice Husk for bedding.
5. Adequate labour to give water, feed, medicine etc
6. Power supply (for me 20HP)
7. Death pit (Disposal of dead birds)
8. Removal of Litter.
9. Side curtains
10 Bruders
11. Sprinklers etc

I have faced problem with power failures, Short-circuits, contaminated water, feed adjustment and labour. Rains, strong winds and extreme hot weather from mother nature also tested my ability of successful rearing of birds.

1 comment:

  1. sir kindly give me a complete project report on broiler farming of 10000 birds.. thanking you

    ReplyDelete